As a Children's Museum of Tacoma volunteer you will have as much fun as our visitors!
We want to ensure that every child and family can come play, so we offer Pay As You Will admission. Eliminating cost barriers means the Museum has a greater capacity to reach more families, engage more children in playful learning and support more parents. This is one of the reasons why we rely on volunteer support.
For more information, download a volunteer packet or contact the Museum for details: Jen McDonald, volunteer coordinator, 253.627.6031 ext. 231 or email email@example.com.
In the Museum
- Play Guide - Assist young visitors and their adults as they learn through play!
- Program Lead Assistant - Help with workshops, camps and weekly programs.
- Group Host - Greet and orient visiting groups, lead hands-on workshops.
- Assessment Facilitator - Help us find out what families like most about the Museum.
Behind the Scenes
- Administrative Support Specialist - Help with data management, copying, correspondence, and mailing materials.
- Materials Assistant - Help prepare components for projects.
- Exhibit Maintenance Assistant - Provide expertise in painting, light maintenance, and labor.
Special Play Dates
- Special Events Assistant - Help with event set-up and cleanup. Work at Activity Stations both in the Museum and off-site.
- Special Skills Assistant - Sew costumes, lead a workshop... impart your special skill in your own unique way.