Call to Artists: Seasons in the City
Overview: Gallery-ish, located in Cafe’ Play at the Children’s Museum of Tacoma, is a space for local artists to share their gifts, talents and spark with Museum visitors and the larger community.
Gallery-ish features roughly five installations each year, each show reflecting a different theme of the Museum’s choosing. Artists of all ages are invited to submit their artwork for a jury’s consideration.
Seasons in the City will be both the theme and title of the Gallery-ish show opening October 16, 2013 and featured on the Third Thursday Art Walks/Art Mingle for October, November and December.
Project Location and Contact Information:
Children’s Museum of Tacoma
Attn: Alysia Jines
1501 Pacific Ave, Tacoma 98402
253.627.6031 ext. 226
Proposal Deadline: Artists are welcome to submit images for consideration based upon the theme Seasons in the City. The application, images and other required materials must be submitted electronically or by mail, by September 27, 2013.
- Multiple artist installation of tasteful and family appropriate artwork reflecting the theme Seasons in the City
- Work must be ready to hang on wall.
- Gallery-ish is not a sales gallery, but artist contact information may be included for labels (CMT will create these labels)
Submittal Requirements: (Tacoma inspired would be the preference)
- Statement of interest and comment on how the artist sees the work reflecting the theme Seasons in the City
- A current resume and and/or artist bio
- Image of artwork or concept of artwork must be submitted electronically or by mail. Images must be submitted as JPEG files
- Size of artwork must be included
- This is an open competition for artists residing in Pierce County. A team of artists is welcome to apply and the submitted images must reflect the collaborative work of the team
- Submission open to all ages
- Work must be available for display from October 14, 2013-January 13, 2014. Transportation of artwork responsibility of artist.
- September 27- Deadline for submissions.
- October 8, 2013 - Artists will be notified
- October 14, 2013 - Artwork delivered to Museum by artist
- October 16, 2013 -Seasons in the City opens to public during open Museum hours
- October 17, 2013 - Third Thursday Art Walk and artist open house
- November 21, 2013 - Third Thursday Art Walk and artist open house
- December 19, 2013 - Third Thursday Art Walk and artist open house
- January 14, 2014 - Artists pick up artwork